The Applications Specialist will be responsible for supporting our customers and partners.in a manner which positively reflects the Company image.
Priorities and Objectives
- To provide on-site and remote support for our customers and partners.
- To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered.
- To develop new applications of our products with our customers, partners and internal teams.
- Supports sales and service functions from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers.
- Develops and maintains the customer/prospect records.
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business.
- Install products at customers’ sites.
- Provide application support with customers and partners.
- Help generate application notes, white papers, manuals and other associated technical documentation.
- Test new Microsaic products and provide feed-back to internal teams.
- A BSc, MSc or PhD level degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 3 years’ experience of analytical instrumentation.
- Performing installations, servicing, demonstrations, and training of analytical instruments with customers.
- Field support of mass spectrometer and chromatography systems.
A highly technical individual with an interest in developing and supporting advanced MS detectors. The successful candidate will have a track record of the installation, servicing and customer training of analytical instrumentation, particularly LC-MS, and possess good customer facing skills. In addition the ideal candidate will have a sound foundation in the core scientific areas (physics, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry) and key technologies (mass spectrometry, chromatography, ionization and vacuum).
Personal characteristics include initiative, commitment, flexibility and a track record of meeting deadlines.
This is a role that will involve a significant amount of travel both in the UK and mainland Europe. There will also be the opportunity to travel further afield including USA and Asia to support a worldwide presence.