The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the Electronics Engineers and the maintenance, development and compliance of electronic designs for existing and next generation products, from prototyping to production.
- The candidate should be a clear communicator, both to internal project team members and management stakeholders.
- Design, develop, test or modify electronics architectures and products to meet product requirements.
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with procedures and instructions, including requirements specification, solution architecture, theory of operation and detailed design, and project plan.
- Assist the delegated compliance person. Ensuring design output meets international regulatory standards (EMC, CE,CSA, UL) and work with third party certification houses to achieve the appropriate certification.
- Create and maintain Technical construction files and reports to facilitate self- certification.
- Assist in establishing realistic development schedules and resource requirements including necessary skills, equipment and development tools, PCB manufacturing, components and test facilities costs.
- Testing of key functions to ensure system performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot, isolate and propose solutions for reported problems with the equipment.
- Apply and enforce methodology and processes, and industry best practices attending seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies and regulations.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering
At least 10 years industrial experience including most of the following:
- Analogue electronics design: Op-amp and transistor, D/A and A/D.
- Digital electronics design: Microcontrollers (PIC 32bit, ARM).
- FPGA design using Verliog and/or VHDL.
- Low level C/C++ and assembly programming for embedded devices.
- Bus standards: PCI, PCI Express, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485.
- High-voltage switch-mode converters: DC-DC, DC-AC.
- Practical circuit debugging and testing.
- Compliance EMC, CE, CSA, UL.
- Product development.
Specific skills required:
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout design, using Kicad or Cadence suite (Orcad Capture/Layout/PCB Designer).
- Proper use of appropriate test equipment and development tools.
- Hands on, PCB prototypes and debug issues with the Production and Test departments.
- Compliance knowledge and experience EMC, CE, CSA, UL.
- Ability to work in an ISO9001 certified environment by producing documentation and following the ECR/ECN procedures for the product life management.
- Ability to work alone and in small teams.
Specific skills desired:
- Background in mass spectrometry equipment.
- Experience of Lattice Diamond FPGA design tool.
- Experience of MPLAB IDE PIC development tool.
- Experience of systems with complex thermal/ power management.
- Understanding and experience in multilayer (8 more layers) board layout requirements and associated technologies.
- General IT skills based on Microsoft Office.
- General knowledge of the Linux operating system.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast-changing design environment;
- A positive attitude towards design and problem solving;
- A clear regard for safety in the workplace with particular emphasis on electrical and radiation hazards
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, benchtop and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (e.g. peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors. Microsaic’s core product, the 4000 MiD®, is one of the smallest MS systems in the world, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.