The candidate will work in a focussed engineering team and will play a key role in developing products for bioprocessing analytics using our miniaturised
mass spectrometry technology.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in both bioprocessing, and mass spectrometry. They will have a solid foundation in analytical chemistry, and
omics research, and will be familiar with key technologies (PAT, ion sources, and vacuum systems). The individual will be a good troubleshooter with
laboratory, instrumentation, and PC-based data acquisition experience. They will also be expected to generate IP from their work.
The candidate will be a key point of contact both within the organisation, and with customers. They will have a track record of meeting tight deadlines, and
dealing with multiple projects at any one time. Key attributes include initiative, commitment and flexibility. UK residency is a must.
Highly competitive package.
- MSc/PhD level degree in physics or chemical physics.
- 5+ years relevant research and development experience.
- Expert in bioprocessing, and analytics, including multi-attribute method, mass spectrometry, and liquid chromatography.
- Design, development and test of mass spectrometers, liquid chromatography, ion sources, ion optics, and vacuum systems.
- Background in bioprocessing process analytics, PAT, molecular diagnostics, and/or analytical instrumentation an advantage.
- Conversant with bioprocessing and mass spectrometers.
- Good understanding of the physics and chemistry of mass spectrometry.
- Practical experience of vacuum systems design and development.
- Practical experience in bioprocessing analytics.
- Proven DoE approach to scientific investigations.
- Able to generate IP.
- Modelling of ion optics (Simion, Amaze).
- Physical modelling, CFD experience (OpenFOAM, COMSOL, ANSYS).
- Mechanical CAD skills (AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to automate testing and data processing/analysis (Python, VB, Labview, Lua, etc).
- Development of a miniaturised mass spectrometer for bioprocessing and other applications in molecular diagnostics.
- Testing and debugging instruments.
- Being technical point of contact with existing customers.
- Analysing and solving customer problems.
- Providing feedback to engineering.
- Test/Repair/Calibration/Customisation of instruments and related machinery.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, bench-top and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors.
Microsaic’s core product, the 4500 MiD®, is a robust and compact MS system, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.