Product Development Engineer
The candidate will work in a focussed engineering team and will play a role in all stages of product development.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in the core scientific areas (physics, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry) and will be familiar with key technologies (mass spectrometer systems, electron/ion sources, vacuum systems and ion optics) with strong analytical and empirical skills. The individual will be a good troubleshooter with laboratory, instrumentation, and PC-based data acquisition experience.
The candidate will be a fast learner with a track record of meeting tight deadlines. Key attributes include initiative, commitment and flexibility. UK residency is a must.
Highly competitive package.
- MSc/PhD level degree in physics or chemical physics.
- 3+ years relevant research and development experience.
- Design, development and test of mass spectrometers, liquid chromatography, ion sources, ion optics and vacuum systems.
- Molecular diagnostics, analytical instrumentation background an advantage.
- Conversant with mass spectrometers and their use.
- Good understanding of the physics and chemistry of mass spectrometry.
- Practical experience of vacuum systems design and development.
- Proven DoE approach to scientific investigations.
- Modelling of ion optics (Simion, Amaze).
- Physical modelling, CFD experience (OpenFOAM, COMSOL, ANSYS).
- Mechanical CAD skills (AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to automate testing and data processing/analysis (Python, VB, Labview, Lua, etc).
- Development of mass spectrometers, ion sources and vacuum systems.
- Testing and debugging instruments.
- Being technical point of contact with existing customers.
- Analysing and solving customer problems.
- Providing feedback to engineering.
- Test/Repair/Calibration/Customisation of instruments.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, bench-top and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors.
Microsaic’s core product, the 4500 MiD®, is a robust and compact MS system, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.