The candidate will work in a focussed engineering team and will play a key role in developing products for bioprocessing analytics using our miniaturised
mass spectrometry technology.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in bioprocessing, proteomics and analytical chemistry, and will be familiar with key technologies (PAT, mass spectrometer systems, ion sources, and vacuum systems) with strong analytical and empirical skills. The individual will be a good troubleshooter with laboratory, instrumentation, and PC-based data acquisition experience.
The candidate will be a fast learner with a track record of meeting tight deadlines. Key attributes include initiative, commitment and flexibility. UK residency is a must.
Highly competitive package
- MSc/PhD level degree in a science related discipline.
- 5+ years relevant research and development experience.
- Expert in bioprocessing, proteomics, and analytics, including multiattribute method, mass spectrometry, and liquid chromatography.
- Background in molecular diagnostics, omics, or PAT an advantage.
- Conversant with bioprocessing and mass spectrometers.
- Good understanding of the physics and chemistry of mass spectrometry.
- Practical experience in bioprocessing analytics.
- Generate IP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to automate testing and data processing/analysis (Python, VB, Labview, Lua, etc)
- Development of a miniaturised mass spectrometer for bioprocessing and other applications in molecular diagnostics.
- Testing and debugging instruments
- Being technical point of contact with existing customers
- Analyzing and solving customer problems
- Test/Repair/Calibration/Customisation of instruments and related machinery.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, benchtop and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life
science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (e.g. peptides, antibodies)
medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the
analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors. Microsaic’s core product, the 4000 MiD®, is one of the smallest MS systems in
the world, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running
costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or
presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the
resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or
agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have
any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.