Service Engineer – MS
Woking – but must be willing to travel at short notice
As a growing business, we are looking to recruit a customer focused Service Engineer responsible for the service, repair, general maintenance and training of our miniature Mass Spectrometer product at customer sites. You will receive full product training and support from senior management as you develop your knowledge and skills.
You will be needed to travel nationwide and abroad; sometimes at short notice
- Performs field service as advised by the Service Director, carrying out repairs, maintenance and installation of analytical and clinical instrumentation and their accessories. Provide onsite user training on defined product groups.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, etc, on a monthly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Annual Operating Plan.
- HNC, HND or BSc in an electronic/electrical engineering, chemistry or a science related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position; advanced training in electronic, mechanical principles, or related experience preferred.
- Previous LCMS experience is essential.
- Full clean driving license.
- Valid Passport.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills especially in difficult customer interactions.
- Effective system level approach to problem solving Analytical mindset and strong drive to resolve open issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK & Globally at short notice.
In return the successful applicant will benefit from first class product training, recognized by the industry, which will run on an ongoing basis as new products are introduced. The role comes with a competitive remuneration package, life assurance cover and personal pension.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, benchtop and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life
science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (e.g. peptides, antibodies)
medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the
analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors. Microsaic’s core product, the 4000 MiD®, is one of the smallest MS systems in
the world, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running
costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or
presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the
resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or
agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have
any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.