Technical Sales Specialist
The Technical sales specialist will be responsible for sales of Microsaic’s Mass Spectrometry (“MS”) instruments and consumables in the UK and Northern European region.
Priorities and Objectives
Achieve and overachieve the set sales targets.
To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow strategic information to be gathered.
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals
- Be accountable for personal quota
- Work with the Business Manager to construct and implement sales strategies for your territory
- Planning of regular travel to customer accounts in territory, effective follow up of sales leads, efficient management of the sales pipeline and prompt closure of instrument system service and consumable sales opportunities
- Work closely with colleagues in Business development and application team, reporting back on on-going market conditions
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business.
- Work with a cross-functional team of technical pre-sales, client service, product management and product engineers to develop proposals and solutions for individual prospects
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base and establish new connections
- Maintain a good knowledge of current market, competitive and industry trends
- Develops and maintains the customer/prospect records for territory
A BSc, MSc or PhD level degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline.
Full UK driving licence
Fluent in English, and fluency in either German and/or French (written and spoken), preferably with commercial and /or technical experience gained working in each country
Familiarity with using a CRM system (SalesForce or others)
- 3 years’ experience of analytical instrumentation
- Previous capital equipment sales experience and performing demonstrations with customers is desirable
A technical minded individual with an interest in capital equipment sales of MS detectors. The successful candidate will have a track record of selling capital equipment in the analytical field and possesses strong customer relationship skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have general business skills such as negotiation, strong organizational skills, problem solving and fact-based decision making.
Personal characteristics include being highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation & organizational skills and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively at all levels within Microsaic. Energetic, enthusiastic, self-directed and creative.
This is a role that will involve a significant amount of travel both in the UK and mainland Europe.