Technical Sales Specialist
The Technical sales specialist will be responsible for sales of Microsaic’s Mass Spectrometry (“MS”) instruments and consumables in the UK and Northern European region.
Priorities and Objectives
Achieve and overachieve the set sales targets.
To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow strategic information to be gathered.
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals.
- Be accountable for personal quota.
- Work with the Business Manager to construct and implement sales strategies for your territory.
- Planning of regular travel to customer accounts in territory, effective follow up of sales leads, efficient management of the sales pipeline and prompt closure of instrument system service and consumable sales opportunities.
- Work closely with colleagues in Business development and application team, reporting back on on-going market conditions.
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business.
- Work with a cross-functional team of technical pre-sales, client service, product management and product engineers to develop proposals and solutions for individual prospects.
- Maintain relationships with existing customer base and establish new connections.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current market, competitive and industry trends.
- Develops and maintains the customer/prospect records for territory.
- A BSc, MSc or PhD level degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Fluent in English, and fluency in either German and/or French (written and spoken), preferably with commercial and /or technical experience gained working in each country.
- Familiarity with using a CRM system (SalesForce or others).
- 3 years’ experience of analytical instrumentation.
- Previous capital equipment sales experience and performing demonstrations with customers is desirable.
A technical minded individual with an interest in capital equipment sales of MS detectors. The successful candidate will have a track record of selling capital equipment in the analytical field and possesses strong customer relationship skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have general business skills such as negotiation, strong organisational skills, problem solving and fact-based decision making.
Personal characteristics include being highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation & organisational skills and demonstrable ability to work collaboratively at all levels within Microsaic. Energetic, enthusiastic, self-directed and creative.
This is a role that will involve a significant amount of travel both in the UK and mainland Europe.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, bench-top and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors.
Microsaic’s core product, the 4500 MiD®, is a robust and compact MS system, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.