Woking and field based across the world
NA/EU Business Development Manager
The Applications Specialist will be responsible for supporting our customers and partners.in a manner which positively reflects the Company image.
Priorities and Objectives
The Applications Specialist will be a key player, working as part of the wider Applications Team to develop, optimise and demonstrate new analytical methods to prospective clients, as well as to generate new data for use in company marketing material. They will be involved in building and maintaining relationships with existing and potential customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered. It is believed this will be both a challenging and interesting role for the successful candidate with plenty of variety and opportunities to learn. The Applications Specialist reports to the Business Development Manager but will work closely with the rest of the application team to develop and support client applications work and demonstrations.
- Work in developing the chromatographic application section of the company.
- To research and understand client requirements, specify, design, plan and to develop the required methods to a consistent high quality.
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers.
- Develops and maintains the customer/prospect records.
- Help generate application notes, white papers, manuals and other associated technical documentation.
- Generate marketing content to be used by partners and sales teams alike.
- Supports sales and service functions from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business.
- Install products and training at customers’ sites.
- Provide application support with customers and partners.
- Test new Microsaic products and provide feed-back to internal teams.
- A BSc, MSc or PhD level degree in Physics, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 3 years’ experience of analytical instrumentation, with hands on LC-MS method development.
- Performing installations, servicing, demonstrations, and training of analytical instruments with
- Field support of mass spectrometer and chromatography systems
- Experience in environmental, clinical or synthetic organic chemistry
A highly technical individual with an interest in developing and supporting advanced MS detectors. The successful candidate will have a track record of the installation, servicing and customer training of analytical instrumentation, particularly LC-MS, and possess good customer facing skills. In addition the ideal candidate will have a sound foundation in the core scientific areas (physics, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry) and key technologies (mass spectrometry, chromatography, ionization and vacuum).
Personal characteristics include initiative, commitment, flexibility and a track record of meeting deadlines. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills and a positive approach to solving problems.
This is a role that will involve a significant amount of travel both in the UK and mainland Europe. There will also be the opportunity to travel further afield including USA and Asia to support a worldwide presence.