The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the electronics of existing and new products, from prototyping to manufacturing.
- Design, develop, test or modify electronics architecture and products to meet product requirements;
- Prepare and review design documentation in accordance with procedures and instructions, including requirements specification, solution architecture and detailed design;
- Assist in establishing realistic development schedules and resource requirements including necessary skills, equipment and development tools, PCB manufacturing, components and test facilities costs.
- Testing of key functions to ensure system performance and reliability.
- Apply and enforce methodology and processes, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety requirements are adhered to and raise any issues or observations with their manager
- A degree or equivalent in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
Ideally 1-3 years experience including some of all of the following:
- DC, RF, HV, P/S electronics design, good theoretical grasp of control and feedback theory;
- Digital and firmware design
- Use of D/A and A/D converters in high-noise environments;
- Good bench development skills and practical circuit/debugging/testing experience;
Specific skills required:
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout design for manufacture (ideally Altium), safety and EMC compliance, BOM, PLM;
- Proper use of appropriate test equipment;
- Very hands on, keen to build PCB prototypes and debug issues with the production and testing department/external customers;
- Ability to work in an ISO9001 certified environment by producing documentation and following the ECR/ECN procedures for the product life management;
Specific skills desired:
- Use of Solidworks for mechanical packaging of electronic sub-assemblies;
In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast-changing design environment;
- A positive attitude towards design and problem solving;
- A clear regard for safety in the workplace with particular emphasis on electrical and radiation hazards
Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills. Keen to develop their business and technical skills.