We are seeking a highly technical design and project management oriented individual with excellent commercial acumen, with an interest in developing precision products.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of analytical instrument research and development, and managing complex technology projects. The ideal candidate will have a sound foundation in the core scientific areas (physics, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry) and key technologies with strong analytical and empirical skills. The individual will be a good trouble-shooter with laboratory, instrumentation, and PC-based data acquisition experience. The candidate will be a strong technical contributor with clear communication skills, who will support the development and implement designs based on functional specifications. This individual will work in a focused technical environment and will play a leading role in all stages of product development from research through to transfer to manufacture guided by new product management processes.
The candidate will be a fast learner with a track record of managing technology projects and meeting tight deadlines. Key attributes include initiative, commitment and flexibility.
UK residency is a must.
- MSc or PhD level degree in a science related disciple.
- Not less than 3 years with a commercial engineering enterprise or relevant research organisation.
- Experience of project managing multi-disciplined product development teams.
- Design and development of analytical instrumentation systems.
- Practical experience of scientific or medical instruments.
- Methodical approach to complex technical problems.
- Ability to work with hardware, software and third party engineers to communicate clear and precise requirements.
- Proven project management ability in a similar scientific industry.
- Knowledge of chemistry, physics and physical chemistry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interact with the customer on assigned new technology partnership\projects.
- Take project management responsibility for assigned projects.
- Keep stakeholders up to date with progress reports.
- Drive projects through the new product development process.
- Prepare and present customer facing project management documentation.
- Manage and communicate schedules, milestones, costs and risk both internally and externally.
- Where necessary manage outsource technology and design of assigned project.
- Travel to suppliers/customer sites.
About Microsaic Systems plc
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, bench-top and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (e.g. peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors. Microsaic’s core products, the 4500 MiD®, and MiD® ProteinID one of the smallest MS systems in the world, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.