Applications are invited for the position of Senior Scientist at our research facilities in Oxfordshire. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Scientist and work with an experienced, multidisciplinary team to expand and develop our portfolio of miniaturised mass spectrometry technology.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of instrument development and a track record of successfully completed R&D projects. The role principally involves basic science and early-stage proof-of-principle work leading to the demonstration of breadboard prototypes. Key attributes include commitment, flexibility, and determination. The candidate should have a sound grounding in fundamental Physics/Physical Chemistry. UK residency is a must.
Highly competitive package, commensurate with experience.
- PhD level degree in Physics or Physical Chemistry.
- 5+ years relevant early-stage R&D experience.
- Early stage proof of principle instrumentation science and technology.
- Good understanding of ion optics, vacuum systems, and mass spectrometry.
- Initiative, inventiveness, and creative problem solving.
- Strong affinity for experimental work, including design and commissioning of breadboard systems, and automated data acquisition.
- Advanced data analysis and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Confident and capable technical communicator.
- Understanding of ionisation processes, chromatography techniques, and sample preparation.
- Experience of modelling and simulation.
- Broad understanding of chemical analysis methods and techniques.
About Microsaic Systems
Microsaic Systems plc (AIM: MSYS) is a high technology company developing chip-based, bench-top and point-of-analysis mass spectrometry (“MS”) instruments that are designed to improve the efficiency of pharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing. The Company is working with established global life science companies to co-develop new solutions to improve productivity in the development of small molecule and novel biologic (peptides, antibodies) medicines. MS is a powerful method of analysis to enable earlier decision making relating to product identification, purity and bioactivity, and is the analytical technique of choice for biochemists across many industry sectors.
Microsaic’s core product, the 4500 MiD®, is a robust and compact MS system, retaining the functionality of larger conventional MS systems, is easier to use by non-specialists, consumes less energy and has lower running costs. For more information, please go to www.microsaic.com.
Microsaic operates a strict policy of not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agents. Microsaic will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented and placed within the organisation where there is a signed agreement in place between Microsaic and the recruitment partner prior to the resume/CV submission through Microsaic’s talent acquisition process. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Microsaic by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement, Microsaic explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Microsaic operates a strict preferred supplier lists (PSL’s) for Recruitment Partners supplying permanent or temporary staff. We do not have any plans to review our PSL in view of recruitment agencies.
Refrain from contacting Microsaic staff further regarding recruitment.
Be advised that Microsaic does not accept cold calling as a form of expressing an interest in being considered for future PSL reviews.