Service Engineer – MS
Service Engineer – MS
Woking – but must be willing to travel at short notice.
As a growing business, we are looking to recruit a customer focused Service Engineer responsible for the service, repair, general maintenance and training of our miniature Mass Spectrometer product at customer sites. You will receive full product training and support from senior management as you develop your knowledge and skills.
You will be needed to travel nationwide and abroad; sometimes at short notice
- Performs field service as advised by the Service Director, carrying out repairs, maintenance and installation of analytical and clinical instrumentation and their accessories. Provide user training either onsite or via weblink on defined product groups.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, etc, on a monthly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Annual Operating Plan.
- Support the sales organisation through technical advice and assist with technical training to other staff when required.
- Provide input to R&D and Production, based on prototype test & customer feedback.
Experience – Type of experience and standard required:
- HNC, HND or BSc in an electronic/electrical engineering, chemistry, or a science related field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position; advanced training in electronic, mechanical principles, or related experience preferred
- Previous LCMS experience is essential
- Full clean driving license
- Valid Passport
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal skills especially in difficult customer interactions
- Effective system level approach to problem solving Analytical mindset and strong drive to resolve open issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK & Globally at short notice
In return the successful applicant will benefit from first class product training, recognized by the industry, which will run on an ongoing basis as new products are introduced.
The role comes with a competitive remuneration package, life assurance cover and personal pension. 25 days leave (increases after 3 years).